I am a former seasonal resident who now lives full time in Sarasota. I would like to renew my library card, but have misplaced in in the move.
Library cards may be applied for in person at any Sarasota County Library location.
- Library cards are free to all Sarasota County residents. (Residents under age 18 may apply for cards with parental approval.)
- Residents of nearby counties may apply for reciprocal borrowing privileges. (See "I live in a nearby county. Can I get a library card?" for more information.)
- Non-residents or visitors may purchase a card that will offer the same library privileges as Sarasota County residents. (See "I'm not a resident. Can I get a library card?" for more information.)
Library card applicants must establish identity and show proof of residence. Show one of the following to fulfill both requirements:
- Florida Driver's License with a current Sarasota County address
- Florida Identification Card with a current Sarasota County address
Otherwise, applicants are required to show a photo ID and one of the following documents as proof of residence:
- Sarasota County Vehicle Registration
- Sarasota County current rental agreement for a minimum of six months
- Sarasota County current property tax receipt/bill
- Deed to property in Sarasota County
- Declaration of Domicile in Sarasota County
- A current pay-stub showing current Sarasota County address
- Sarasota County Government Employee Identification Badge
- Sarasota County School, College or University Identification Card
- Sarasota County School, College or University Report Card
- Current utility bill for water, gas electricity, cable or satellite TV with current Sarasota County address
- Consular identification card with current Sarasota County address
Lost cards simply follow the same guidelines as applying for a new card.